|Kids deserve the chance to get outside, join a club and be active. Applications opened on 1 March 2021 for the first of four rounds of the Get Active Kids Voucher Program, with the aim to make that happen for thousands of eligible kids around Victoria.
The program will support the delivery of up to 100,000 vouchers to support eligible kids to get involved in organised sport and recreation activities by providing up to $200 towards the cost of membership and registration fees, sports equipment or uniforms (new or second-hand).
What’s asked of you
• Members and Clubs are requested to share this initiative throughout their networks. This may include within Club newsletters, asking for the content to be included in school communications and with their local government authority.
• Provide Member Club contact information and highlight how participants can connect within their local community
How does it work?
• The parent, legal guardian, temporary foster or kinship carer of a child can register their children for a voucher towards eligible activities or programs (e.g. for registration, uniforms and new or used equipment costs). For more information about eligible activities or programs visit the Get Active Victoria website – www.getactive.vic.gov.au
• Eligible applicants are required to pay up front for their chosen activity or program and then complete an application form (with copies of their invoice/s and receipt/s).
• The applicant is reimbursed up to $200 towards eligible costs (subject to eligibility).
• There are 100,000 vouchers available over the duration of the program.
Who is eligible to apply?
• The parent, legal guardian, temporary foster or kinship carer of a child who is the holder of a valid Australian Government Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with named dependents can apply.
• Kids need to be 4 to 18 years old and a resident in Victoria.
• If an individual or family is experiencing financial hardship as a result of an unforeseen situation, they may be eligible, without an Australian Government Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card. This will be assessed on a case by case basis.
• The Program will be delivered across four rounds from 1 March 2021 until 17 April 2022.
• The opening round of the program will cover eligible expenses incurred between 1 January 2021 and 11 April 2021. Applications for vouchers in the first round open 1 March 2021 and close 11 April 2021.
To find out more:
• Program website - www.getactive.vic.gov.au/vouchers
• Program guidelines – https://www.getactive.vic.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Get-Active-Kids-Voucher-Program-Guidelines-February-2021.pdf